By using our Klas & Sylph websites and mobile applications (“Sites”), you agree and consent that we and related third parties can store and access cookies, IP addresses, and use other tracking technology to enable the Sites’ functionality, collect aggregated data on web usage, improve your online experience, and manage and tailor our advertising and communications with you. You can disable cookies in your web browser by following instructions provided by that particular web browser. However, disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Sites, if not all, so we do not recommend you to do so.
b. What is a cookie?
Cookies are unique identifiers that our Sites transfer to your browser in order to enable our systems to recognise your browser, provide features, deliver interest-based advertisements on other websites, and store items in your shopping cart between your visits. Each website can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Your browser only permits a website to access cookies that it has sent to you, but not the cookies sent to you by other websites.
c. Cookies we use and how we use them
Our Sites use different types of cookies, including the following:
- Session cookies – session cookies exist just for your session on our Sites.
- Persistent cookies – persistent cookies exist for a period of time after your visit.
- First-party cookies – first-party cookies are cookies transferred from our Sites
- Third-party cookies – third-party cookies are transferred from third-party platforms.
We use these cookies for different purposes, including the following:
- Functional Cookies – these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Sites. These include cookies that enable you to log in to your user account on our Sites, progress or complete your purchase, or make use of other online services that we provide. If you disable these cookies, you may not be able to use our Sites fully or at all.
- Analytical/performance cookies – these cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and see how they move around our Sites. We use Google Analytics to collect this type of data and analyze it to improve the way our Sites work and deliver more favorable user experience accordingly. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. Rather, the information is collected in aggregate, so your personal data remains anonymous.
- Cookies for enhancing your experience – these cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. They enable us to greet you by name, provide you with product recommendations, and display personalized content, among other customized features and services we provide.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and actions you have taken. We use such information to make our advertisements displayed on other third-party websites more relevant to you. We may share this information with online advertising networks for this purpose. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. Rather, the information is collected in aggregate, so your personal data remains anonymous.
We use Google Analytics to collect audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understand the behavior of our customers. We also work with online advertising networks that collect information about your online activities to deliver advertisements that are more suitable to your interests and preferences. Through the use of Google Adwords and other online advertising networks, you may see certain ads on other websites that you visit, as we target our ads based on information collected by these online advertising networks or us.
You may opt out from the automated collection of information by online advertising networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising or opt-out from your Google Display Network ads’ preferences.