Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information that Klas & Sylph may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create a user account, purchase a product, download a form or software update, register to participate in a promotional activity, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using our websites, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Klas & Sylph services or community forums, Klas & Sylph may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Klas & Sylph will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Klas & Sylph’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by sending an email request to email@example.com.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of user account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Klas & Sylph, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Klas & Sylph’s products, services, and communications with customers.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Klas & Sylph product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most Internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Klas & Sylph may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Klas & Sylph website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, Klas & Sylph may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Klas & Sylph to provide products and services, or that help Klas & Sylph market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Klas & Sylph to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Klas & Sylph shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Klas & Sylph operates.
It may be required by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Klas & Sylph to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Klas & Sylph takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Klas & Sylph online services such as the Klas & Sylph websites and mobile applications protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
When you use some Klas & Sylph products, services, or applications or post on Klas & Sylph community forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up-to-date by logging in to your web account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Klas & Sylph is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by applicable law.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Klas & Sylph products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Klas & Sylph websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Klas & Sylph employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.